Sunday, December 26, 2010

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends










































Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Or Death And All His Friends)
Songwriters: Berryman, Guy Rupert; Buckland, Jonathan Mark; Champion, Will; Martin, Christopher A J


Coldplay lyrics

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sweep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never, never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world
It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?
I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world.

youtube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Coldplay - Viva la vida

 

21 comments:

Catalin said...

Şi aşa...ai trecut pe acolo...
(13.12.2009)
Salutări!

Luis Gomez said...

These set of images are so interesting and beautiful! Thank you, Wind.

Se-cret said...

Excelentă serie de imagini.Folclor și tradiție.Îmi place!

Rick Forrestal said...

Wow. These costumes are soooo wild, so unusual. Thanks for shooting and sharing. I love 'em.

Out on the prairie said...

Almost a twain between pagan and religious ideas, perhaps a bit of folklore. Very unique costumes.Nicely captured, I have been out playing in the snowy woods today.

Kenneth Larsson said...

Very interesting and beautiful pictures!

Have a nice day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Daliana:)

I should like to know the story that goes with the photoes..seems very interesting and by the way very nice costumes..they celebrate life right?and death?

Intersting.

Beautiful shoots.You are a geni with your camera.
Greetings from cold and snowy norway :)

Clint said...

A most intriguing set of pictures, Wind. Now I will be thinking about these tonight when I go to bed. God bless....

Fram Actual said...

I think I must do some homework, Wind. You are introducing me to a custom or a tradition of which I am not familiar.

Without exception, however, the photography is great. The costumes and the faces are very much alive, even though they reflect the opposite.

Victor said...

măi măi da' hărnicuţă foc e cineva... păcar că a fost cam cald pentru sărbătorile de iarnă...

Windsmoke. said...

Fantastic photos of people wearing colourful costumes at a religious or cultural festival at Christmas Time. I like the photo of the Soldier keeping a close eye on the Grim Reaper.

Teri said...

I, too, would love to know the story behind these incredible photos. Will you tell us what they represent? I love the brilliant colors, the beads, the bird faces and costumes, and it also seems as those some sort of religious ceremony too. Wonderful, as usual.

J_on_tour said...

What an interesting set of pictures and a strange and yet colourful ritual, celebration (if that is the right word!) or ... serious "Fancy Dress" party !! I like the character studies on the faces of images 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10 although my favourite is the combination in the more natural image 16. I am not sure that I would like to meet some of your friends though. ha ha.
Best wishes, J

Yoshi said...

It must be an intriguing festival and you captured them very well! They look bizarre and beautiful at the same time.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
Yoshi

Dungha said...

Buna dimineata! Asa este la mine acum, am trecut sa vad ce ai mai facut zilele astea. Se vede ca nu ai stat. Intotdeauna revin cu placere sa urmaresc fara a comenta neaparat.
O saptamana frumoasa!

robert said...

Nu s' ce sa zic!
Parca ar fi de la filmarea unui film; pentru ca de astfel de traditii eu nu am auzit.

Cat despre titlu, deocamdata sunt prieten numai cu Vida; Death poate sa mai astepte ;)

Cindy Ellison said...

Hi Wind! These photographs are so fascinating, I wish I knew all the history behind them and the meanings. You are so talented. We look forward to seeing your new work this coming new year.

Thank you for your kind words on our blogs. May you have a very blessed 2011 ♥

ANRAFERA said...

...detallistas y costumbristas fotografias. Me gustan mucho, así como el tema elegido de Coldplay. Saludos.
Ramón

fotolucian said...

Excelenta serie,super,ce sa mai zic,felicitarile mele si un an nou exact cum iti doresti.

RIZALENIO said...

I'm listening to Coldplay's album right now. Viva La Vida is one of my fave songs.

Beautiful photos. :)

Olivier Rault said...

Nice pictures, great job, it's excellent !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...